Monday, January 25, 2010

worthless?

I heard a new song that I love. It's by Orianthi. It's called "According to You". Here's a link to the song and video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1aQvm5MrU So anyway, this song is all about two different men's perspectives on the same woman. According to one guy, she's stupid and useless, etc. According to another guy, she's beautiful and incredible. It's a great song and I think I like it so much because it speaks to me about where I am in my life now.

Well, except I don't have the second guy yet. But I think he's out there. Here's where I am. I am married, soon to be divorced. I have been straight forward and honest with my husband. I am finished. He, however is being as manipulative as ever. Sunday he talked to someone, he told them I was worthless. Worthless? That's what he said.

Monday morning he woke me up before he went to work, asking me if I was ok. He told me he loved me and was hoping for a miracle. I didn't say much. I wanted to ask him why he wanted to stay with a worthless woman. But I'm not going there. I'm just waiting, biding my time. I was in JROTC in high school. I remember learning to mark time. Marching in place, legs moving without going forward. That's what I am doing now. Soon it will happen. A few of the circumstances of my life have to catch up with me as I mark time. Then we are marching on.

2 comments:

  1. He did. But I don't care. It helps me see him even more clearly than before.

    ReplyDelete